ORLANDO, FL. – Growth in international traffic continues to help offset declines in domestic travel at Orlando International Airport (MCO). For the month of August international travel numbers increased more than 16 percent when compared to August of last year. For the month nearly 3 million passengers went through Orlando International -- 2,975,760.
Current economic conditions and airline activities have impacted travel numbers for August. A total decrease of 6.3 percent in travelers was recorded.
Statistical Facts for August:
- International traffic increased 16 percent in August
- International traffic is up 21 percent, calendar year-to-date
- Rolling 12-month, international traffic increased 21 percent with 2.6 million international passengers
- Domestic traffic declined 7.9 percent in August
- Rolling 12-month total including domestic and international traffic is up 3.6 percent with 36,876,093 passengers
In its annual Business Traveler Awards, Conde Nast Traveler Magazine ranks Orlando International Airport in the top five airports nationwide in areas including ease of connections, food and shops and comfort and design.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.