ORLANDO, FL. – In February, the airlines continued to adjust their operations by adding flights at Orlando International Airport. In all, some 204 weekly flights were added including new service from JetBlue to the Bahamas and new service to Ontario and Manitoba Canada from WestJet.
The increase in seat capacity did not translate to an increase in passenger traffic for the month. In February, overall traffic declined 14.1 percent. Domestic traffic fell 15.2 percent while international traffic was down 1.1 percent. Taking adjustments for the February 2008 leap year factor into account, numbers reflect that overall traffic was down 11.1 percent, domestic traffic was down 12.2 percent while international traffic was up 2.4 percent.
February Statistical Facts:
- On a rolling 12-month basis international traffic was up 13.2 percent
- Overall traffic was down 14.1 percent in February
- On a rolling 12-month basis total passenger traffic declined 5.6 percent
- A total of 2,651,442 passengers traveled through Orlando International in February
- Operations at Orlando Executive Airport were down 22.6 percent
- Ironically, February was also the busiest month in terms of daily passenger activity since August 2008 with nearly 95,000 passengers daily
Airport Revenue News Magazine recently named Orlando International the airport with the best retail stores for a large airport.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.