ORLANDO, FL. - Passenger traffic stabilized in August at Orlando International Airport (MCO). The end of the traditional summer vacation season combined with a stronger global economic outlook, helped MCO register the lowest traffic decline in 15 months of 1.9 percent. For the month, over 2.9 million travelers moved through MCO.
International traffic continued its upward trend with a 13.5 percent increase while domestic travel was off 3.3 percent.
The complete number of operations at Orlando Executive Airport also showed improvement in August. Overall operations increased 7.5 percent to 74,683.
Statistical Facts for August 2009:
- 2,917,484 passengers traveled through Orlando International in August
- 272,014 international travelers processed through MCO in August
- International traffic year-to-date is up 8 percent
- International traffic rolling 12-month total is up nearly 8.1 percent
- Domestic traffic has decreased 8.3 percent calendar year-to-date
The results of the recent 2009 Condé Nast Traveler Magazine readers survey ranks Orlando International as tied for fourth in the nation for business travel. The survey was based upon multiple criteria including baggage handling and dining amenities.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.