1/5/2010 - Third Straight Month of Passenger Increases at Orlando International Airport
ORLANDO, FL. - November marked the third straight month of passenger growth at Orlando International Airport, up 2.45 percent. For the eighth consecutive month, an increase in international traffic contributed to moving the overall passenger totals higher.
International traffic was aided in part by a rise in global flights in November. Of the 146 new weekly flights into Orlando International Airport in November, over a quarter of the flights, 38, were international routes to destinations including San Salvador, El Salvador; Cancun, Mexico; Montreal, Hamilton, Ottawa, London and Winnipeg, Canada.
November Statistical Data:
- Total passenger traffic increased 2.45 percent.
- Domestic traffic increased 1.07 percent.
- International traffic rose 17.35 percent.
- 2,642,577 passengers traveled through MCO in November.
- Calendar year-to-date nearly 30.9 million passengers have passed through Orlando International Airport.
The latest 2009 Zagat Airline Survey recently named Orlando International Airport as one of the top five airports nationwide for overall airport quality.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.