4/29/2010 - March Numbers Increase First Quarter Statistics at Orlando International Airport
ORLANDO, FL. – For the month of March, international traffic continued above its
record-breaking pace set the previous year at Orlando International Airport (MCO),
with a 14.2 percent increase over 2009 numbers. Helping to push numbers higher was an increase in service by a number of airlines with 81 additional weekly flights
during March to destinations including Baltimore, Chicago and St .Louis. Overall traffic increased 4.12 percent, stimulating positive first quarter results.
The first quarter of 2010 is up nearly two percent compared to the first three months of 2009 at Orlando International Airport. A rebound in domestic travel, along with continued strong growth in international traffic, helped support the increase in numbers.
March Statistical Data:
- Domestic traffic increased 3.20 percent
- International traffic increased 14.20 percent
- Overall traffic improved 4.12 percent
- A total of 3.2 million travelers were recorded at MCO in March
First Quarter Statistical Data:
- Domestic traffic increased 1.21 percent
- International traffic increased 8.29 percent
- Overall traffic climbed 1.82 percent for the quarter
- A total of 8.6 million travelers processed through MCO in the first quarter of 2010
Orlando International Airport offers more domestic non-stop service than any other airport in the state of Florida.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.