12/10/2010 - October Strongest Growth of Year at Orlando International Airport
ORLANDO, FL. – Overall traffic increased by its strongest rate so far this year with 7.93% more passengers traveling through Orlando International Airport (MCO). October marked the sixth straight month of passenger growth at MCO. For the month, International traffic set-the-pace with double-digit growth, up more than 10 percent.
“October is traditionally a slower travel period at Orlando International Airport, so the growth recorded this month is indeed welcomed news and hopefully sets the pace for the end of year busy holiday travel season,” says Phil Brown, Executive Director of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.
October 2010 Statistical Data:
- Domestic travel increased 7.7 percent
- International travel increased 10.29 percent
- A total of 2,618,195 domestic passengers traveled through MCO
- A total of 259,660 international passengers traveled through MCO pushing the combined total of travelers to 2,877,855 for October
- October year-to-date, more than 29 million passengers have passed through Orlando International Airport, 29,020,902
- During the first ten months of 2010, overall traffic has increased nearly 2.9 percent
Orlando International Airport has 44% more domestic non-stop service than any other airport in Florida.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.