3/15/2011 - January Passenger Traffic Increases at Orlando International Airport
ORLANDO, FL. - Passenger traffic at Orlando International Airport (MCO) started 2011 with a nearly 3.8 percent increase over the same month last year. Both domestic and international markets registered solid gains.
"This represents a solid beginning for the new calendar year. We expect to build on this base as we move into the peak travel season at Orlando International Airport," says Phil Brown, Executive Director of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.
Statistical Information for January 2011:
- Overall traffic increased 3.78 percent, bringing the total number of passengers up to 2,875,335
- Domestic travel increased 3.36 percent to 2,597,951 travelers
- International traffic increased 7.94 percent to 277,384 passengers
- Total number of travelers was nearly 2.9 million with 2,875,335 moving through Orlando International
- Operations at Orlando Executive Airport also improved 2.27 percent in January upon stronger general aviation traffic figures
Orlando International Airport continues to lead the way with the most domestic non-stop air service in the state of Florida to 89 destinations.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell or Rod Johnson at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407·825·2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.