6/17/2011 - April Passenger Travel Up At Orlando International Airport
ORLANDO, FL. - April passenger traffic continued the trend of steady growth at Orlando International Airport (MCO) for 2011, up nearly 5.6 percent compared to the same time period last year. (January up 3.8%; February up 4.2 %; March up 3.9%) April was the best percentage increase year-to-date.
"The attraction of our destination for leisure and business travelers drew 168,335 more travelers this April, which is a nearly 6 percent increase when compared to the same month last year. The trend is consistent with the record increase reported in visitor traffic for the Central Florida region," says Phil Brown, Executive Director of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.
For the second month in a row and the second time this year, more than 3 million passengers traveled through MCO during a one month period, 3.1 million in total.
April Statistical Data:
- Domestic traffic increased 4.9 percent in April to 2,849,217
- International traffic increased 11.86 percent to 332,446 passengers
- Combined traffic increased 5.6 percent
- In April there were 3,181,663 total travelers
- Calendar year-to-date more than 12 million passengers have moved through MCO 12,170,371
- Calendar year-to-date the average monthly passenger increase has been 4.37 percent
Operations at Orlando Executive Airport remained flat compared to last year, down 9 one hundredths of one
This summer, eight airlines have started or increased international routes to Orlando International Airport. MCO has more domestic non-stop service than any other airport in Florida and Orlando International is within a two hour drive of 50% of the population of Florida.
For more information, contact Carolyn Fennell or Rod Johnson at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.