8/8/2011 - Passenger Traffic Up At Halfway Point Of Year At Orlando International Airport
ORLANDO, FL. - The first half of 2011 is complete and Orlando International Airport has seen a nearly four percent increase in overall passenger traffic for the first six months of the year. International passenger traffic lead the way once again with over five percent growth while domestic traffic recorded a nearly four percent increase compared to last year.
''Thanks to increased service to destinations including France, Guatemala and Panama our summer international traffic picture continues to improve. Even in this current economic environment, at this current level of growth we hope to achieve another record breaking year for international traffic at Orlando International Airport", says Phil Brown, Executive Director of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.
June traffic figures contributed to the results for the first half of the year. For the month, the number of passengers at Orlando International increased almost 1.8 percent with nearly three million travelers moving through the facility.
Six Month Statistical Data:
- Domestic traffic increased 3.81 percent to 16,522,708 passengers
- International traffic increased 5.06 percent to 1,689,679 passengers
- Combined domestic and international traffic was up 3.93 percent to 18,212,387 travelers
June 2011 Statistical Data:
- Domestic traffic increased 1.59 percent with 2,732,394 passengers
- International traffic increased 3.94 percent with 255,843 passengers
- Overall total passenger traffic lor June was 2,991,236 which is a 1.79 percent increase over last year
International traffic accounts for nearly 10 percent of all passenger traffic at Orlando International Airport.
For more information contact Carolyn Fennell or Rod Johnson at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.