11/17/2011 - Thanksgiving Holiday Travel Facts\Tips at Orlando International Airport
ORLANDO, FL. – Orbitz Travel has ranked Orlando International Airport (MCO) the third busiest airport in the nation this Thanksgiving holiday travel season.
- Overall Thanksgiving traffic is expected to be UP 1% from last year’s levels.
- A total of 1.25 million travelers will move through Orlando International during the Thanksgiving travel period.
- The official travel period begins on Friday, November 18th and runs for 12 days through the 29th of November.
- Saturday, November 26th is the busiest day of the travel season with 116,028 total passengers at MCO.
- Sunday, November 27th is the second busiest day of the travel season with 114,402 total passengers at Orlando International Airport.
- Saturday, November 19th is the third busiest day of the travel season with 113,619 total passengers at MCO.
- Arrive at airport at least two hours in advance for domestic and three hours in advance for international flights.
- Airport parking systems have been enhanced. The Blue Lot has been renamed “North Park Place” economy parking lot.
- The Red Lot has been renamed “South Park Place” economy parking lot.
- Parking enhancements include faster, more customer-friendly service and new, more comfortable shuttle buses to and from the main terminal building.
- If traveling with gifts do not wrap them. They will be subject to search.
- TAKE SECURITY SERIOUSLY! DO NOT MAKE JOKES OR LIGHT-HEARTED COMMENTS WHILE BEING PROCESSED FOR A FLIGHT.
For more information, contact Carolyn Fennell or Rod Johnson in the Office of Public Affairs at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority at 407-825-2055.
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.