Welcome to the
Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA)
The Purchasing Division at the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (Authority) is responsible for procuring all items and services required to support the operations and maintenance of Orlando International Airport and Orlando Executive Airport exclusive of construction requirements, concession agreements and property leasing agreements. Purchasing manage the receipt, storage and distribution of materials for use by the Authority, and the disposal of excess or obsolete materials. In addition, Purchasing subscribes to the NIGP Values and Guiding Principles of Public Procurement.
The functional activities of the Purchasing Division are divided into the following areas:
|Contracts||Solicit and award requirements for goods and services with an award value generally in excess of $100,000. Most are solicited using an Invitation for Bids (IFB) or Request for Proposals (RFP). Provide administration for active Purchasing contracts.|
|Goods & Services||Solicit and award requirements for items, goods, materials and services with an award value generally less than $100,000. Most are solicited using a Request for Quotations (RFQ).|
|Material Control||Process incoming shipments, conduct warehousing activities, issue materials for use by Authority departments, and dispose of excess materials.|
|Standards & Specifications||Develop and assist in the development of specification and scope of work documents. Maintain the specification library.|
The Purchasing Division conducts all activities in a manner to support the following objectives:
- Environmentally Preferable Purchasing - Purchasing Pledge
- Ensure the purchase and delivery of materials, supplies, equipment and services at the time, place, quantity, quality, and price consistent with the needs of the Authority;
- Encourage and promote fair and equal opportunities for all individuals and business entities that have expressed interest in doing business with the Authority;
- Safeguard the quality and integrity of the Authority's procurement system, and conduct all activities in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations;
- Manage inventories of purchased goods to meet the use requirements of Authority departments at the most advantageous cost to the Authority, and properly dispose of all material and equipment declared to be surplus or obsolete (Visit George Gideon Auctioneers web site for details).
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority has instituted the Airport Link system as one of several methods of providing current information to potential contractors, consultants, and other types of vendors, as well as the general public.
8652 Casa Verde Road, Bldg #811
Orlando, FL 32827
(407) 825-2254 - Phone
(407) 825-4020 - Fax
Copyright Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. All rights reserved.