AIRPORT STATUS: NORMAL OPERATIONS
This is the latest reported checklist of airport information. Due to the changing weather situation and individual airline decisions, some information is subject to change. The Orlando International Airport (MCO) continues to prepare for Hurricane Irma.
MCO WILL CEASE COMMERCIAL FLIGHT OPERATIONS WITH THE FINAL DEPARTURE AT 5 P.M. SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH.
- MCO will resume operations once Irma passes, a complete damage assessment has been completed to begin the recovery process and after coordination with airlines.
- Entry to parking garages and economy parking lots will close at 5 P.M. on Saturday. Shuttle bus access to airport operated parking lots will cease at 5:30 P.M.
- Airport construction projects will stop activity at 12 Noon today.
- Flight Cancellations for today: Total 41 = 20 arrivals, 21 departures
- Flight Cancellations for Saturday so far: Total 86 = 47 arrivals, 39 departures
- Due to heavy volumes, travelers should arrive and park at MCO at least 2 hours prior for domestic flights and 3 hours for international departures.
- The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority will continue to monitor the situation and collaborate with the City of Orlando, Orange County Emergency Management teams and the National Weather Service.
Travelers are encouraged to contact their airlines directly for specific flight details.
If your flight is cancelled due to weather, remember ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IS NOT AUTHORIZED OR CERTIFIED AS A SHELTER.
FOLLOW UP/ CONTACTS:
“Further updates will be provided only if and when they are warranted. Please address emails and phone calls to the Office of Public Affairs; Carolyn Fennell or Rod Johnson at 407-825-2055. During overnight and weekend hours your calls will be prompted and forwarded to the on-call Public Information Officer.”