ORLANDO, FL. – In light of the recent announcement by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to raise the aviation security screening baseline and in preparation for the busy upcoming holiday travel season, Orlando International Airport (MCO) in conjunction with the TSA and its airline partners is advising all travelers to arrive at the airport three hours prior to their scheduled departure time.
Contributing to the recommendation for the additional processing time:
- On-going terminal-wide construction
- Enhanced security screening procedures at the TSA security checkpoints
- Near capacity parking in Terminal Top and the “A” and “B” garages
- Possible lines at the airline ticket check-in counters
- Expected record-breaking holiday season passenger traffic
The new suggested arrival time goes into effect immediately.