ORLANDO, FL. – As Tropical Storm Nicole makes its way across Central Florida, ride-out crews at Orlando International Airport remain in place to assess and address any damages caused by the storm. As of 4:00 p.m. yesterday, Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Orlando Executive Airports ceased commercial and private operations. That order remains in effect and passengers should not come to the airport until a definitive time is given for when MCO will resume operations.
- MCO officially remains in a status of ceasing all commercial operations.
- Damage assessment crews are beginning the recovery process by assessing inside facilities and then moving outside to address issues as weather conditions improve.
- Once all damage assessments are complete, the airlines, federal agencies and Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA) will meet to determine the best time to resume limited operations.
- Communications continue with city, county, state and federal emergency management officials.
- Communications continue with the National Weather Service / National Hurricane Center to track the storm’s path and intensity.
GOAA will continue to monitor the storm and provide additional updates as they are warranted.